Skip to content

Papa Bear

Here’s a quick sketch (about five minutes) I did today of one of my personal Top Ten Most Loathesome People in America: Bill O’Reilly. He came out oddly sweet-faced, which is troubling, considering what a toxic personage he is. More on why I drew him when the opportune moment presents itself.

10 Comments

1. Jahfurry wrote:

He’s… curdly

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 1:17 am | Permalink
  2. Bob Fingerman wrote:

“Curdly”???

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 2:16 am | Permalink
  3. Allan L. wrote:

I liked him better when was hosting A Current Affair and didn’t have an opinion.
    I see the gears in his head turning every time I look at him, trying to figure out black people. ‘Cuz, like, he doesn’t “get” us. :)
    This is a great likeness…he looks human.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 2:22 am | Permalink
  4. Bob Fingerman wrote:

Great likeness? B-but you said he “looks human.” Oh wait, I get it: “looks” human.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 at 10:40 am | Permalink
  5. Jason Seiler wrote:

Nice sketch Bob!

Friday, February 15, 2008 at 8:57 am | Permalink
  6. Bob Fingerman wrote:

Thanks, Jason.

Saturday, February 16, 2008 at 2:57 am | Permalink
  7. Brian Churilla wrote:

love the looseness, line weight variation and varied textures. looks so effortless.

Friday, March 21, 2008 at 12:05 am | Permalink
  8. Bob Fingerman wrote:

Thanks, Brian. Keep your fingers crossed. If all goes well, I’ll be drawing a lot more of this bastard.

Friday, March 21, 2008 at 12:17 am | Permalink
  9. John Hazard wrote:

Yours is pretty good, kind of Mort Drucker, but not great- yeah, he’s a little too sweet, not smirky enough- but it’s way better than mine:

(that’s supposed to be him in the third panel- I was REAL sleepy at the time.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 at 10:49 am | Permalink
  10. Bob Fingerman wrote:

John:

That, sir, is what’s known as “damning with faint praise.”

Okay, then.